Mistral company, always attentive to guests’ needs and in respect of the context in which its hotels are set, has developed a careful sustainable environmental policy in order to offer a pleasant stay, with reduced environmental impact.
Well aware of the environmental value of the territory in which it operates, the company is committed to behaving and acting to reduce the environmental impact of its activity ant to promote culture, nature and the eno-gastronomic tradition of the territory.
This commitment is aimed at improving the following areas:
Energy Management and Water Resourses
· Both hotels have installed photovoltaic plants which produce approximately 20% of the energy requirements
· The off-taken energy is certified and comes from renewable sources.
· Both hotels have water and energy saving devices.
Use of chemicals
· The use of chemicals is limited, whereas the quantities are reduced to a minimum, in order to ensure the compliance of the correct hygiene practise.
· The hotel conducts a careful differentiated waste collection, providing our guests with dedicated containers in the hallways and in the common areas.
· To reduce waste generation, Mistral company has decided to offer its guests only water bottled in Sardinia, in returnable glass bottles. Moreover, it has arranged collection points for the plastic recycling and its subsequent disposal to holdings specialised in recycling these materials.
Environmental communication to guests
· We believe in the important role of our hotels in the promotion and development of the territory. Therefore, Mistral company recommends itineraries, routes and suggestive destinations to guests. It provides promotional material, guiding them to discover the environmental and natural beauties, and the historical, archaeological and eno-gastronomic excellences of Oristano and its territory.
· Guests, who desire to wander our territory in ecological way, can reserve their bike at the rent a bike services in the area.
· In order to promote the eno-gastronomic traditions of the area, Mistral Restaurant offers dishes prepared with local and seasonal products. Furthermore, it is reckoned among the "Typical Restaurants of Sardinia", honoured with this title by the Tourism Department of the Autonomous Region of Sardinia.
Monitoring of environmental performance
· The hotels have organised a collection system with the main environmental indicators related to energy and water consumption, to waste production and to the use of chemicals, which allows to have a sufficient data base to assess the hotels' environmental performance over time.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY FORM: Click here
Book now and save